Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16, 2014

The things of which I know.

Ma chere famille,

Well, here it is, the big finale. Which will probably not actually be a big finale, cause all I really want to do this week is rendre mon humble temoignage. bear my humble testimony I think President Hinckley gave a talk at conference that was entitled this. But I would just like to add my testimony to his and the things that he said in his talk. 

Ma chere famille, I love this work, and after 18 months of doing this work, I can truly testify that it is absolutely the work of salvation. The work for OUR salvation as well as our freres and soeurs. Cause wow. Doing this work changes everything. Your heart, your mind, your very insides. And it is incredible. And I will be a missionary for the rest of my life. Because I know that the Lord blesses His missionaries and their families. I know that Heavenly Father lives, and that He loves and knows us, not in a superficial, only knows our name kind of way, but in a very real and incredible way. He knows what's best for us. And He wants what is best for us. We are His children! How wonderful a truth! After being here and serving Him with all my heart, might, mind, and strength during this very short time, I have come to understand more profoundly the importance of this eternal truth. It means that we are eternal and that we have a grand potential. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God, and our Savoir. And, I know that thanks to His Atonement we can really repent and be cleansed and healed spiritually. But, that is not all that the Atonement does for us. We sometimes forget about its enabling power. We can do ALL THINGS with the Lord and His Atonement. I KNOW that this is true. We can love that person that we think is impossible to love, and we can forgive our enemy. Because of the Lord and the power of His infinite Atonement. I love this gospel, which was restored by Joseph Smith the prophet. And I love the Book of Mormon and the Bible, which teach us how to become as the Lord is. I know that as we study them and try to apply and plead with the Lord to help us apply these teachings He will help us. I know that the Lord is and will be at our sides and that He will never leave us. It is us that need to decide to stay at His side and to never leave Him. Oh how I love this work! Oh how I love these people of New Caledonia! My brothers and my sisters. They are precious to me. And I will be eternally grateful for this precious time that the Lord has given me to love and to serve his children and to really forget myself. 

I'm outta time. But! I love you all. And I will probs not email next week, cause we're dropping off Soeur Tupai at the airport. But! I will see you all in a week. I love you!

L'evangile est vraie!!

Love, Soeur Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment