Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 23, 2014

a rolling snowball.

I've been thinking of an analogy for the mission and what I can compare it with, and I think this is the winner. You know how when you start a snowball rolling at the top of a large hill and it starts out small and it starts rolling slowly, and after a bit of time it gets bigger and starts picking up speed like a crazy? That's it. And that's how it feels. The weeks are going by faster and faster. And they were already flying. But it's good. Kicking it to the end!

Ma chere famille!

I am so happy to be a serviteur et représentant de Jesus-Christ. representative and servant of Jesus Christ I love being a missionary. I love the people of New Caledonia, and I love this country. I was just talking to Soeur Tupai this morning, and it really feels like chez moi home. That'll be so weird to come home again, because this is my pays. And these are my people. And I LOVE THEM SOOO MUCH!!  I have learned so much from loving them and serving them and they will always be in my heart.

This week was incredible! Elder Andersen came to visit us and it was unlike anything I have ever experienced in my life. It was sooo weird. that is the closest that I have ever been to a disciple except when President Uchtdorf came to see us play Ein Heldenleben at BYU, but this was different, because he stayed with us and talked to us for a few hours, just us the mishs! And it was POWER, quoi. Incredible! I took lots of notes. And I'll try to share them with you later, cause well, I have about 5 mins left before we gotta bounce. But! en gros, he talked about miracles! And faith. One of my favorite quotes, "There are miracles where ever there is faith." Chyeah. And he told this incredible story about a miracle that occured when he was mission president in France. And he talked about fixing goals! And now Soeur Tupai and I are on a crazy goal fixing kick, and it's super fun! We're trying to nous depasse as much as possible until the end! And it's fun :]

And one other story that I wanted to share with you all and all the members that are reading this. So, Soeur Tupai and I were doing porte a porte a few weeks ago, and we talked to an uncle with two kids, named Ashley and Cedric. So, we talked for a bit, but we said that we were going to come back to talk to the parents. Well, it took a while for us to get back there, but we got to talk to the mom of these two kids last week. They are Wallisien, and the dad and the mom both know a member who lives at Koutio. And this lady, named Anna is like HYPER prepared. Like, Soeur Tupai and I were completely stoked to be talking to her, because she is incredible and she wants to learn more about Jesus Christ and His gospel. But, she talked about this member friend of theirs, and she said, "On dirait il voulait pas parler de son eglise quand on a parle avec lui." Translation, "It seemed like he never wanted to talk about his beliefs to us..." Even though she is INCREDIBLY prepared and wants to learn more. This killed me. And J'ai beaucoup reflechi, et je me suis posee la question I pondered a lot and asked myself the question, has anyone of my friends ever thought this of me? That I was ashamed of or that I didn't want to share what I believed? I've thought about what Anna has said this entire week, and I just wanted to invite everyone that is reading this, to OPEN YOUR MOUTH!!! Because this is too important to doubt, to fear. This is salvation on the line. And! We never know what could happen. Maybe that neighbor that you have is suffering and needs the healing power that the gospel and the Atonement of Christ brings. We don't know. So we need to talk. Yes, there will be people that say no. So what? That doesn't change our testimony. We did our job. And they cannot come to us on the other side of the veil and ask why we didn't share this wonderful news with them. So do it! And I will too. Even after I'm releved. 

I love you all soooo much my family and friends who are praying for me! I feel of your support and your love. You are incredible. And you are my heroes. You are in my prayers. And I pray that you will have the faith needed to open your mouths! The joy that comes is UNCOMPARABLE. I'm SOOO HAPPY!!! I love this work. And I love you all!

L'evangile est vraie!

Love, Soeur Santos

pics: 
1. Soeur Seamons and I en echange on exchange.
2. Soeur Tupai and I a la plage encore on the beach again.
3. And our sweet artistic mish pic. La blague, I only spent one transfer of my mission a pied. walking




No comments:

Post a Comment